2014 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 15:13:11 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, NATIVE PEOPLES: Badger Plant (WI) land to Ho-Chunk Nation

News Release
Office of U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin
December 5, 2014

U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Gets the Job Done on Transfer of Badger Army Ammunition Plant
Land Agreement Reached After More Than a Decade of Advocacy

Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin announced today that an effort she has championed in Congress will finally be resolved with a provision in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Senator Baldwin's provision in the NDAA, a major step forward for the project started in 1997, will transfer Badger Army Ammunition Plant land and allow it to be put to its agreed upon reuse.

"I have been working on this since I first entered Congress, so I take great pride in bringing people together, giving the community a voice, and getting the job done," said Senator Baldwin. "I am pleased that hard work and persistence has paid off with this agreement. This helps solve a long standing problem and is a big win for the community."

"This land transfer has been held up in bureaucratic proceedings for far too long. Senator Baldwin's legislative provision will finally allow the land to be transferred and for our People to preserve and protect this special place," said Ho-Chunk Nation President Jon Greendeer. "We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Senator Baldwin and her office for her unrelenting determination to see this transfer take place. "County, city discuss future of 'old' highway shop site

For the entire release, see
http://www.baldwin.senate.gov/press-releases/us-senator-tammy-baldwin- gets-the-job-done-on-transfer-of-badger-army-ammunition-plant-land-

See also http://cswab.org/baldwin-gains-land-transfer-to-ho-chunk- nation/