2015 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Willow Grove (Horsham) (PA) negotiations

HLRA inches closer to negotiations for Navy base

By Gary Weckselblatt
Intelligencer (PA)
September 16, 2015

With the help of its negotiating partner, Catellus Development Corp., the Horsham Land Redevelopment Authority is adjusting an application critical in acquiring the former Navy base.

Mike McGee, HLRA's executive director, said Wednesday that the economic development conveyance application should be in the Navy's hands by Sept. 30. An EDC transfer is one of the ways the Navy can dispose of federal surplus property.

"This is all about establishing value," he said. "As the buyer, we're doing the best we can to minimize (the price). I suppose they have an inflated opinion of what the property is worth."

The property is the site of the former Willow Grove Naval Air Station-Joint Reserve Base and its 862 acres that the HLRA has been seeking to acquire since the Base Closure and Realignment Commission voted to close it in 2005.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.theintell.com/news/local/hlra-inches-closer-to-negotiations-for-navy-base/article_d000ea7a-5cb3-11e5-a797-4b380e2261dc.html

278-A Hope Street