2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 00:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENERGY, ENCROACHMENT: "Navy, Air Force share concerns about wind turbines"

Another Voice: Navy, Air Force share concerns about wind turbines

Opinion by Pamela Atwater
Buffalo News (NY)
May 5, 2016

The Naval Air Station at Corpus Christi, Texas, is faced with the same dilemma that the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station (NFARS) confronts: What impact will at least 70 proposed 620-foot-high industrial wind turbines have on military flight operations?

“I do feel like one day we’re going to wake up surrounded by wind farms in South Texas significantly impacting the mission [of the Naval Air Station] in a negative way,” Capt. Christopher Misner, commanding officer of Naval Air Station Kingsville, said during a Texas Senate Committee on Veteran Affairs and Military Installations hearing in April.

Rear Admiral Dell D. Bull, chief of naval air training, is quoted as saying he’s unsure if naval air operations can safely coexist with industrial wind turbines, “and I don’t know how anyone can say otherwise.”

…

For the entire column, see
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/another-voice/another-voice-navy-air-force-share-concerns-about-wind-turbines-20160506