2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 22:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] HEALTH, RADIATION: Epilepsy clusters near Rocky Flats (CO)

Epilepsy clusters discovered among small group of people that grew up near Rocky Flats
Efforts underway to determine if there are others

by Lance Hernandez
Denver Channel (CO)
August 7, 2017

ARVADA, Colo. -- Dani Ball was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 12.

She said doctors initially thought she had Attention Deficit Disorder.

"My teachers told my parents, 'She's not paying attention in class.'"

Ball said she didn't have seizures, per se, but was often found staring into space.

It was only after doctors prescribed Ritalin, she said, that she experienced a Grand Mal seizure, and was then diagnosed with the neurological disorder.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/epilepsy-clusters-discovered-among-small-group-of-people-that-grew-up-near-rocky-flats

Executive Director