2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:24:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "Dispute holding up burn chamber’s removal" from Camp Minden, LA

Dispute holding up burn chamber’s removal

By Michelle Bates
Minden Press-Herald (LA)
August 22, 2017

The dispute over ownership of the contained burn chamber that destroyed nearly 16 million pounds of M6 at Camp Minden is holding up the timeline as to when it will leave.
Explosive Service International, the contractor hired to destroy the M6, and the Louisiana Department are still in dispute over who owns the burn chamber. ESI, since they were hired for the project, has said they own the chamber; however, the LMD says they own it.

“We still haven’t gotten to the dismantling of the chamber, so we had to move the date (of the contract completion),” Winstson Matejowsky, M6 project coordinator, said. “It’s not going to be the final date. Not that we can’t close out the contract, but we can’t finish out the closure plan until we figure out what’s going to stay and what’s going to go.”

ESI estimated it would take about 90 days to dismantle the chamber. The chamber cannot be dismantled until the ownership dispute is settled, he said. Following the completion of the closure plan, it will be about another 60 days before the reports are complete and sent to the Environmental Protection Agency.

…

For the entire article, see
http://press-herald.com/dispute-holding-up-burn-chambers-removal/

Executive Director