2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENERGY, ENCROACHMENT: Oklahoma "Lawmakers Will Take Another Shot at Regulating Wind Energy Impacts on Military"

State Lawmakers Will Take Another Shot at Regulating Wind Energy Impacts on Military

By MATT TROTTER
Tulsa Public Radio (OK)
October 10, 2017

Oklahoma lawmakers will take another run at protecting military training routes from wind farm encroachment.

They held an interim study Tuesday to get input on the matter.

Tinker Air Force Base Lt. Gen. Lee Levy said besides being used to make sure workhorse planes are flight-ready, the routes are also used for parachute jump training and helicopter training. Levy said wind farm towers and turbines get in the way of all those exercises, and they can obscure general aviation aircraft that drift into training routes.

"All of these things combined have a very corrosive, near-term effect on our readiness," Levy said. "In an Air Force that's the smallest and busiest it's been, that simply has a huge number of things tasked to it and asked of it, that's a concern for me as an airman."

…

For the entire article, see
http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/state-lawmakers-will-take-another-shot-regulating-wind-energy-impacts-military

Executive Director