2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:45:11 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: SERDP-ESTCP Environmental Restoration Updates - November 2017

Begin forwarded message:

From: "SERDP-ESTCP" <no-reply@serdp-estcp.org>

Welcome to our monthly Environmental Restoration newsletter, where we’ll be providing periodic updates about new information & products available from the Environmental Restoration Program Area. To view this email as a PDF, click here

CONTINUING EFFORTS ON PFASs UNDER THE ENVIRONMENTAL RESTORATION PROGRAM AREA

SERDP and ESTCP are continuing research and demonstrations to address issues associated with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs). In addition to the projects described in a previous blog, we have a number of new efforts underway. Check out our new webpage for SERDP-ESTCP efforts related to PFASs along with the interactive graphic where you can get more detailed information on selected projects over the years.

A recent substantial effort was the SERDP and ESTCP workshop held in May 2017 on Research and Demonstration Needs for Management of AFFF-Impacted Sites. Approximately 65 invited personnel representing DoD Remedial Project Managers, federal and state regulators, engineers, researchers, industry representatives, and consultants participated and helped to identify critical research and demonstration needs in this area. Results have been published in the Workshop Report and will be used to structure SERDP and ESTCP investments in PFAS contamination over the next few years.

We’ve recently released four SERDP Statements of Need addressing PFASs as a result of this workshop. Two of the Statements of Need were released in September with proposals due last month. Two additional Statements of Need were released as part of the FY19 SERDP Solicitation and are addressing issues associated with ecological risk characterization, as well as sampling and analytical methods. The deadline for submitting preproposals on these topics is January 4, 2018 by 2 PM ET. Please go to our solicitation page to get specific submittal details.

At our upcoming Symposium, we have lots of coverage of SERDP & ESTCP efforts on PFASs. On Tuesday, November 28, look for our technical session on PFASs; all poster presentations on PFASs will be at the poster session immediately following the PFAS technical session. In addition, on Thursday afternoon, November 30, check out the short course on PFASs led by Dr. Jennifer Field from Oregon State University, with content developed under her recent ESTCP project.

Executive Director
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042
Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918