2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 21:47:24 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, FORMER SITES: "Former USAF radar base atop Mt. Horace Greeley, Keweenaw County" (MI)

Delayed: Board gets Brownfield update, Air Force slow to respond

by GRAHAM JAEHNIG
Daily Mining Gazette (MI)
January 23, 2018

EAGLE RIVER - There are no new developments regarding the clean-up at the former Air Force radar base in Keweenaw County’s Houghton Township, Ray Chase told the Board of Commissioners at its regular monthly meeting on Jan. 17. Chase is the vice-chair of the Keweenaw County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.

“There’s nothing to tell you,” Chase told the board. “We’re still waiting for information. We haven’t heard anything back from the Air Force yet. They were supposed to have a draft for us at the end of the year. We haven’t seen it yet.”

The brownfield authority received a grant of $200,000 from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality in 2009. The purpose was to identify brownfields and to work on remediation.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.mininggazette.com/news/local-news/2018/01/delayed-board-gets-brownfield-update-air-force-slow-to-respond/

Executive Director