2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 10:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FORMER SITES: Final season of asbestos cleanup underway at North Ridge Estates (OR)

Final season of asbestos cleanup underway at North Ridge Estates

by Lyle Ahrens
KOTI-TV NBC2 (Klamath Falls, OR)
April 11, 2018

Klamath Falls, Ore. – A 40 million dollar project to clean up an asbestos contaminated subdivision in Klamath Falls is nearing completion.

Cleanup efforts are in high gear at North Ridge Estates.

“We started construction on the last season of our work here at North Ridge Estates.”  Notes Linda Meyer of the US Environmental Protection Agency.  “Season 3, we’ll be finishing up excavation, and restoring all the properties and getting them ready to sell.”

Improper demolition on a former military barracks resulted in asbestos contamination on over 170 acres.

The contamination wasn’t discovered until more than two dozen high-end homes were built on the site.

…

For the entire story, see
https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/final-season-of-asbestos-cleanup-underway-at-north-ridge-estates-75369/

Executive Director