2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 23:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: "Air Force to pay nearly $1M to clean up contamination, provide drinking water" near Peterson AFB, CO

Air Force to pay nearly $1M to clean up contamination, provide drinking water

By Tom Roeder
Colorado Springs Gazette (CO)
April 18, 2018

Nearly two years after toxic chemicals from Air Force firefighting foam were found in water drawn from the Widefield aquifer, the military announced a string of measures Wednesday to deliver clean drinking water to residents of southern El Paso County.

Under the deal, the Air Force will pay more than $900,000 to procure untainted water and filter water from the aquifer to remove perfluorinated compounds that studies have found were released at Peterson Air Force Base when airmen used the foam, which has since been banned by the military.

"As a longtime member of the Front Range, we place an extremely high value on all of our community partnerships, and are pleased we can move forward with these support agreements," Peterson vice-commander Col. Eric Dorminey, said in a statement.

…

For the entire article, see
http://gazette.com/air-force-to-pay-nearly-1m-to-clean-up-contamination-provide-drinking-water/article/1624570

Executive Director