2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 11:20:30 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, COMMUNITIES: Former Wurtsmith Air Force Base (MI) RAB meeting

RAB meeting attendees seek action, answers to contamination concerns

by Jenny Haglund
Iosco County News-Herald (MI)
April 24, 2018

OSCODA – The resounding opinion among those who attended the April 18 Wurtsmith Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) meeting was that the chemical contamination issues have gone on long enough – and the patience of the community is wearing thin.

“I would like to know what we’re going to do, and when. This is a huge issue. We do not know what it’s going to do to our children, the vets; the people who have lived here all their lives. I want answers. I want them now,” expressed Oscoda resident and RAB alternate member Catherine Larive.

She was speaking about the foam/film which has been noticed on Van Etten Lake (VEL), and is believed to be connected to the contamination spreading from the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base (WAFB) in Oscoda.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.iosconews.com/article_8c681f36-47de-11e8-a4ff-63fdf04b3514.html

Executive Director