2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 12:26:07 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, COMMUNITIES: Rally at former Wurtsmith Air Force Base (MI) RAB meeting

Rally for action kicks off latest RAB meeting in Oscoda

by Jenny Haglund
Iosco County News
June 12, 2018

OSCODA – “Air Force fly right!” “Today, not tomorrow!” “Clean it up, now!” These were among the numerous chants called out by those who participated in a rally, prior to the start of the June 6 Wurtsmith Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) meeting.

The Need Our Water (NOW) community action group hosted the rally, which featured about 35 participants toting signs with such slogans as, “Your Mess is Now Our Mess” and “Don’t Hide the Facts! Fix it Now!”

Those who took part were stationed at both the entrance of the Robert J. Parks Library in Oscoda – where the meeting was held – as well as at the front of the building, to seek action on the cleanup of the per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) contamination coming from the former Wurtsmith Air Force Base (WAFB).

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.iosconews.com/article_e7279fe0-6e59-11e8-a6c4-1b43ff277c70.html

Executive Director