2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:01:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: "NAS Jacksonville [FL]: Drinking water supply safe, not connected to contaminated water wells"

NAS Jacksonville: Drinking water supply safe, not connected to contaminated water wells
The NAS Command has referred all inquiries to the Department of Defense, but after our reports, it has now issued a statement to ensure that the base community is safe and the contaminated wells are not connected to the drinking water supply.

by Kenneth Amaro
First Coast News (FL)
June 28, 2018

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- For the past few days, we have reported on a Department of Defense report about contaminated wells on its many bases.

Six locations were identified in Florida: Pensacola, Patrick AFB, Cape Canaveral, Whiting, Eglin AFB and Naval Air Station Jacksonville.

A 2016 study of the 17 shallow water monitoring wells at NAS discovered contamination nearly nineteen times the EPA recommended level of 70 parts per trillion (ppt.)

…

For the entire story, see
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/consumer/on-your-side/nas-jacksonville-drinking-water-supply-safe-not-connected-to-contaminated-water-wells/77-568536495

Executive Director