2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Colorado residents want protective drinking water standards

EPA urged to draw up tough standards on contaminants linked to fire fighting foam at Peterson AFB
Fountain Valley residents want quick action

Lance Hernandez
Denver Channel (CO)
August 8, 2018

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Residents who live in Fountain Valley southeast of Colorado Springs are asking the Environmental Protection Agency to regulate the perflourinated compounds which have contaminated their drinking water supplies.

The requests came during a two day “community engagement" event sponsored by the EPA.

“I think this is a big deal,” said Fran Silva-Blayney of the Sierra Club’s Fountain Creek Water Sentinels. “It’s a big deal in terms of bringing public awareness to the issue and in terms of the EPA recognizing that we need to take regulatory action.”

Silva-Blayney said the community wants the EPA to set “maximum contaminant levels.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/epa-urged-to-draw-up-tough-standards-on-contaminants-linked-to-fire-fighting-foam-at-peterson-afb

Executive Director