2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:52:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENERGY, REUSE: "Fort Monroe [VA] could be a test case for renewable energies - if only Dominion Energy and the government could get along"

Fort Monroe could be leader in energy efficiency
Fort Monroe could be a test case for renewable energies - if only Dominion Energy and the government could get along

Editorial Board
Hampton Roads Daily Press (VA)
October 13, 2018

Fort Monroe is one of the nation’s richest historic landmarks.

Students learn about the fort’s role in defending our nation; they are taught about the “contraband of war” decision, and they recognize the meaning behind the nickname “Freedom’s Fortress.”

But Fort Monroe could also become Virginia’s showpiece of innovation, where the latest energy efficient technologies are on full display.

The property is already a place where negotiation and cooperation have bubbled under the surface for several years to keep the property open and operating with some semblance of normalcy.

That’s why it came as a shock — and with some regret — to learn Dominion Energy is suing the federal government over $13 million in needed electrical upgrades at Fort Monroe.

…

For the entire editorial, see
http://www.dailypress.com/news/opinion/editorials/dp-edt-fort-monroe-dominion-1014-story.html

Executive Director