2019 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 18:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CLEANUP, MUNITIONS: "Holston Army Ammunition Plant [TN] deems multiple industrial sites as safe after cleanup"

Holston Army Ammunition Plant deems multiple industrial sites as safe after cleanup

By Allison F. Goley
Rogersville Review (TN)
September 4, 2019

KINGSPORT - Representatives from the Holston Army Ammunition Plant (HAAP) held a public meeting on Aug. 22 to inform the public about some recent changes to their Hazardous Waste Corrective Action Order Case Number 03-HCA003.

Laura Peters, who serves as the Restoration Program Manager at HAAP, later told the Review that these new developments mean that several sites within the boundaries of the HAAP that previously contained hazardous waste have been deemed clean.

“We have a Corrective Action Order, which is like a permit, under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act,” Peters said. “This Corrective Action Order covers environmental sites that primarily occurred prior to environment regulations existing. Basically, we had contamination from things before we knew that there could be a problem. So, there’s a process to investigate and clean those sites up to regulatory standards.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.therogersvillereview.com/rogersville/article_3e6360ee-dc1f-5b15-948b-7ed34fee504b.html

Executive Director