2019 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:40:58 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: "Washington County has contract offer on Fort Ritchie" (MD)

Washington County has contract offer on Fort Ritchie

By Julie E. Greene
Hagerstown Herald-Mail (MD)
November 14, 2019

CASCADE - Washington County has a proposed contract to sell more than 500 acres at the former Fort Ritchie military base to a Cascade family for $1.7 million.

John Krumpotich said they are about five days into the 75-day feasibility study period his family has to determine if they will finalize the purchase of the former Army base.

Krumpotich, in a phone interview, said they want to buy the property “because we want what’s best for the community.”

“We’re very happy to come to an agreement with Washington County for the purchase of Fort Ritchie. A priority is maintaining the fort’s character and beauty. We are enthusiastic about bringing back business to the Fort and benefiting the community and surrounding areas,” according to an email from Krumpotich.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/local/washington-county-has-contract-offer-on-fort-ritchie/article_dc9357aa-6b7b-51e5-ac5c-48ab6fcae14e.html

Executive Director