2021 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, COMMUNITIES: Former Pease Air Force Base (NH) health study

Adults, kids exposed to PFAS in Pease water urged to join health study

by Jeff McMenemy
Portsmouth Herald (NH)
April 22, 2021

PORTSMOUTH – Members of the Pease Community Assistance Panel will be putting up lawn signs and distributing brochures on Saturday to boost enrollment in the first federal health study on adults and children exposed to dangerous PFAS chemicals.

Pease CAP member Andrea Amico said the volunteers are participating in the initiative to “raise awareness about the health study and hopefully increase enrollment in it.”

Amico, who co-founded the Testing For Pease community activist group, stressed how important it is for adults – and their children – to participate in the study.

“We can’t undo our exposure and we can’t change how we might be affected by that, but we can learn from this situation and we can contribute to the science on health effects,” Amico said. “The study is important not only for our Pease community, but also to millions of Americans across the country who are dealing with the same contamination but don’t have the opportunity to be part of a health study.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.seacoastonline.com/story/news/local/2021/04/22/testing-pease-seeking-adults-and-kids-pfas-health-study-water-contamination/7317453002/

—