2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 10:56:34 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] GLOBAL, VETERANS: "Advocates sue DoD to find out what sickened troops at Uzbek air base"

Advocates sue DoD to find out what sickened troops at Uzbek air base

By Leo Shane III
Air Force Times
April 3, 2023

Veterans advocates filed a lawsuit against the Defense Department Monday demanding the release of reports regarding toxic materials found at Karshi-Khanabad Air Base in Uzbekistan, believed to have caused a series of rare illnesses in thousands of troops stationed there in the early 2000s.

“In order to be able to help veterans who were injured during their time, we need to know what they were exposed to,” said Alison Weir, executive director of the Connecticut Veterans Legal Center, one of the groups involved in the legal effort. “We sent a request, and it has been 200 days. The government should answer this.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.airforcetimes.com/veterans/2023/04/03/advocates-sue-dod-to-find-out-what-sickened-troops-at-uzbek-air-base/

—