2024 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Grace Poudrier <poudrier.g@northeastern.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:22:59 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FAA PFAS mil-spec question

Hi all,

Does anyone know what year the Federal Aviation Administration originally began requiring certain certified US commercial airports to follow DOD’s mil-spec for AFFF firefighting foam?  I am having difficulty locating a source that specifies when, exactly, the FAA requirement was historically implemented, and online articles just seem to mention the 1970s (see, for example, Stag Liuzza and 14 CFR Part 139; NAS report).  I'm seeking a more concrete historical reference with an exact year.

Many thanks for any help on this,
Grace

Grace Poudrier (she/her)

PhD Candidate, PFAS Project Lab

Department of Sociology and Anthropology

Northeastern University