2024 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 00:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, FUEL: "Richmond’s Point Molate [CA] on track to becoming parkland thanks to $40 million deal"

[I wonder if anyone is planning to remove all the huge, empty fuel tanks. - LS]

Richmond’s Point Molate on track to becoming parkland thanks to $40 million deal
East Bay Regional Park District plans to purchase the land from local tribe largely with state grant

By SIERRA LOPEZ
Bay Area News Group (CA)
July 12, 2024

RICHMOND – After years of failed planning and legal fights, some of which are ongoing, Richmond’s Point Molate could soon become part of the East Bay Regional Park District following a $40 million deal negotiated between the city, parks district and Guidiville Tribe.

The Richmond City Council on Friday vote 5-0, with Vice Mayor Claudia Jimenez and Councilmember Soheila Bana both absent, to approve the deal during a special meeting. If all hurdles are cleared, the parks district will take ownership of 81.6 acres of Point Molate, a former U.S. Navy fuel storage and transfer site located on the San Pablo Peninsula not far from the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.

“We all together are going to develop a world class, crown jewel of shoreline parks in the Bay Area, I have no doubt of that,” EPRPD Board Member Colin Coffey said. “The fun starts when we get to design, all of us, everyone in this room, a world class park with our planners.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/07/12/richmonds-point-molate-on-track-to-becoming-parkland-thanks-to-40-million-deal

—