1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Career/Pro <cpro@igc.apc.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:35:09 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Top 10 Functional Brownfields

Hi Everyone,

The following list is from the December 1997 issue of Brownfields News. I
thought it might be of interest to you.  Any comments??

Tony C.

----------------------

Top 10 Functional Brownfields

Nationwide Brownfield development is a key issue for most
municipalities.  The types of properties that need to be developed come
in many flavors, and each city has its own tastes.  But there are several
types of sites that are most frequently assessed for redevelopment. The
following is by no means an all inclusive list, but it represents sites
that we have seen pop up repeatedly throughout the year.

1. Gas Stations/Service Stations

2. Dry Cleaners

3. Military Bases/Federal facilities

4. Railroads