1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Career/Pro <cpro@igc.apc.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:11:05 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: What do you think about the Showcase Communities?

Hello Everyone,

Last week's announcement of the 16 Showcase communities brought more
attention to the EPA Brownfields program and the other federal
agencies involved in Brownfields.  I know that a lot of people on this
newsgroup are involved with a Showcase Communities and I think it
would be great to hear your thoughts (positive or negative) about the
Showcase communities that were selected.  Perhaps we could get a brief
report about your Showcase community.

People could talk about some of the details of their BF Pilot Project.
Are there any lessons that can be passed along to other cities?  What
defines a "successful" BF redevelopment?  Here is a list of those
communities in case you forgot.

  Baltimore, MD
  Chicago, IL
  Dallas, TX