1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Kreider.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:32:08 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Revisiting the question of Brownfields Numeric Estimate

EPA/OSPS continues to work with our contractor to determine a reliable
estimate
of brownfields sites nationwide.  We expect their final report to be available
by the end of July, 1999, and it should account for those sites (meeting EPA's
definition) currently being tracked by states, counties, and
municipalities, and
will also estimate, through a supportable methodology, the vast number of
abandoned and/or underutilized sites (also meeting EPA's definition) that fall
outside of existing databases or lists.  We're still in the early stages of
information gathering, and there are some issues yet to be resolved, but we're
still shooting for July.

Andrew Kreider
EPA/OSWER/OSPS
Brownfields Economic Redevelopment Initiative
kreider.andrew@epa.gov
202-260-9192

ddurett@oncon.com on 03/22/99 08:08:52 PM

Please respond to cpeo-brownfields@igc.org