2003 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: kkamlet@hotmail.com
Date: 17 Oct 2003 17:22:12 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] New Brownfields Law in New York State & Inaugural Meeting in Yonkers,

List members who are interested in new Brownfields legislation in New York State, recently signed by Governor Pataki, may want to consult a webpage which (unofficially) summarizes the presentations at the inaugural meeting in Yonkers of the new New York State Chapter of the National Brownfield Association. See http://www.ny-brownfields.com/Yonkers_Meeting.htt .

Speakers at this meeting included Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Chairs of the State Assembly and Senate Committees that produced the legislation, the DEC Division Director with lead responsibility for implementing it, and local government officials throughout the state who are in the front lines of the effort to rehabilitate brownfield sites.

The new legislation should be of interest both to New Yorkers--and to those outside of New York who may not have realized how well off they are....

Ken Kamlet

Kenneth S. Kamlet
Vestal, New York
607-770-1010, FAX: 607-770-3482
kkamlet@hotmail.com

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today! https://broadband.msn.com

CPEO: A DECADE OF SUCCESS. Your generous support will ensure that our important work on military and environmental issues will continue. Please consider one of our donation options. Thank you.