2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 May 2004 18:22:07 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: OSHA levels for TCE

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMaVxieRa8xCZRa/ Sharebuilder

Submitted by Lawrence Schnapf <LSchnapf@environmental-law.net>:

I have a question about the relevancy of the OSHA PEL where  VOCs such
as PCE or TCE are detected in indoor commercial space at levels below
OSHA PELs. Does anyone know if the OSHA PEL can be used as an ARAR? I am
concerned that the OSHA PELs are numbers derived from the 1970s so that
they do not reflect the latest science, and obviously time-weighted over
an 8 hour period. I have found some consultants using the OSHA PEL as a
remediation standard and am somewhat dubious that the OSHA PEL can be an
appropriate standard to use when determining if indoor air
concentrations are at levels that require remediation or at least
disclosure to workers.

Larry

Lawrence P. Schnapf, Esq.
55 E.87th Street #8B
New York, NY 10128
212-996-5395 (phone)
212-593-5955 (fax)
LSchnapf@environmental-law.net

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caaccM2aVxieRa8xCZRf/ AIU