2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 12:41:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Pottstown TCE

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieRa8xCZRa/UOP

Meeting set on chemicals in air

By Dawn Fallik
Philadelphia Inquirer
June 15, 2004

The state Department of Environmental Protection will hold a public
meeting at 7 p.m. June 29 in Pottstown to discuss the level of chemicals
in the air around Pottstown and Collegeville.

The DEP has monitored the area since 2002 after residents became worried
about the high cancer rate there. A 1998 study conducted by the
Montgomery County Health Department and a 2003 study from the University
of Pittsburgh found higher-than-expected rates of childhood cancer in
the area.

In a study released last month, stations detected 37 chemicals in the
air, and one, trichloroethylene, known as TCE, was above the average for
areas of similar size and industry concentration. However, the
department does not know where the TCE is coming from, although several
local companies use the chemical as a metal degreaser.

for the entire article, see
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/8924967.htm?1c

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqXaVxieRa8xCZRf/ExpertCity