2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 20:55:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Cleanup in Philadelphia suburbs

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieRa8xCZRa/UOP

DEP plans $5 million cleanup of polluted site

By: HILARY BENTMAN
The Intelligencer (PA)
June 23, 2004

It's been nearly a decade since the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
found drums of hazardous chemicals stored on a Broad Street property.

Now the state Department of Environmental Protection wants to spend the
next decade and nearly $4.8 million to clean up what has seeped into the groundwater.

What is in the water is hazardous enough to turn it a deep shade of yellow.

Representatives from the DEP were on hand Tuesday night for a public
hearing to present residents with seven options to deal with the former
Chem-Fab property, which housed a metal plating business from 1965 to
1994 at 300 N. Broad St. in Doylestown.

Hazardous chemicals stored on the site have left behind high
concentrations of the carcinogen hexavalent chromium, as well as
trichloroethene (TCE) and tetrachloroethene (PCE), which may be carcinogenic.

for the entire article, see
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-06232004-320966.html

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caaclxSaVxieRa8xCZRf/OmahaSteaks