2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Jun 2005 19:38:55 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Vapor intrusion at new Bronx school

Submitted by Neal Frink <NFRINK@DINSLAW.com>

I agree that ideally the engineered fix would be memorialized in some
type of IC feature.  As more states adopt UECA, I would hope that this
becomes more common and the level of comfort goes up with ICs being
enforceable/recorded.  The problem, of course, is that owners do not
want their titles sullied by references to environmental problems that
may be fully abated by the time they are selling.

Neal Frink
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
1900 Chemed Center
255 East Fifth Street