2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 5 Dec 2005 17:52:57 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] David Lloyd to head U.S. EPA's Brownfields office

Thomas P. Dunne, Acting Assistant Administrator of U.S. EPA's Office of
Solid Waste and Emergency Response, sent out the following memo Friday,
December 2, 2005, announcing the appointment of David Lloyd as Linda
Garczynski 's replacement as the heard of EPA's Brownfields program:

I am pleased to announce that we have selected David Lloyd as the Deputy
Director, Office of Brownfields Cleanup and Redevelopment.  As you are
aware, Linda Garczynski will be retiring in early January, and then,
David will step into the Director's position.  David will be joining us
on Monday, December 5 which allows for a transition period before
Linda's departure.

David comes to OSWER from the Office of Administration and Resources
Management where he was the Director for the Facilities Management and
Services Division since 2003.  In addition to managing several major EPA
construction projects (e.g., Potomac Yards I and II, Region VIII
Regional Office, and Region I Regional Office), David has been involved
with such programs as buying Green Power, Labs21, Sustainable
Facilities, and e-cycling.  From 1995 to 2003, he was the Assistant
General Counsel and Claims Officer for the Finance and Operations Law
Office at EPA where he dealt with property law, including Superfund real
property acquisition and disposal.  David also brings experience and
knowledge of grant regulations.  Earlier in his career, he worked for
two law firms where he specialized in commercial real property transactions.

In addition, I would like to thank Linda for serving as the Office
Director, OBCR for over the past 10 years.  Linda's expertise,
dedication and, most of all, commitment to environmental protection have
allowed OSWER to carry on its mission no matter what.  I appreciate all
that Linda has done to create a program that has clearly advanced the
credibility of not only OSWER but the Agency as well.  I wish Linda the
best of luck in her retirement.

Please join me in welcoming David to OSWER's management team, and in
thanking Linda for her exemplary service.