2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 9 Dec 2005 23:52:30 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Lake County, Michigan

County redeveloping brownfield

By Sally Barber
Cadillac News (MI)
December 9, 2005

BALDWIN - Federal grants totaling $400,000 are helping Lake County
preserve its No. 1 asset - its natural resources.

?All we have here is recreation,? said Tony Gagliardo, a member of the
Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Board. ?There are no big businesses
and we have to deal with what we have. That's natural resources.?

The county was awarded two $200,000 assessment grants under the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency's Brownfield Program. Brownfields are
properties not in use because of contamination or suspected
contamination. Funds will help Lake County revitalize its economic base
by getting properties back on the tax rolls, reduce public exposure to
contaminants and protect its rivers and trout streams.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/articles/2005/12/09/news/news01.prt