2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 05:52:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Kalamazoo, Michigan central business district

Brownfield effort is gaining momentum

Editorial
Kalamazoo Gazette
October 24, 2006

What's happening along a block in the northeastern section of Kalamazoo's central business district is just what our community and our state need.

Small business, the backbone of our economy and the producer of two-thirds of America's jobs, needs to be protected and expanded. That's especially true in a state that has felt the pain from mergers and major job losses.

The auto industry in Michigan and the pharmaceutical and banking businesses in Kalamazoo County have changed dramatically from what they used to be. It continues to be a fierce competitive struggle to maintain existing businesses and attract new ones.

For the entire editorial, see
http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/columns-2/116170337634170.xml&coll=7