2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 06:51:53 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Cancer at Hopewell Borough (NJ) TCE site

Residents take cancer fears to state
Worry 10 cases on street not a coincidence

BY JEFF TRENTLY Trenton Times (NJ) November 9, 2006

HOPEWELL BOROUGH -- Dean Carkhuff thinks it's more than a coincidence.

There are 13 houses on Lafayette Street, where he's lived with his family for 42 years.

Ten people have had cancer on his street.

Eight have died.

For Harry Agin, who lives on Somerset Street, the frustration is measurable: "I have 42 times the allowable limit of TCE in the air in my home that I have been breathing for 21 years," he said.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1163048816136650.xml&coll=5
--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org