2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: bobh@np.craigslist.org
Date: 3 Jul 2007 14:25:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Michigan--BF tax incentives in Grand Rapids and Warren

Michigan Economic Development Officials Announce Tax Incentives for Brownfield
Redevelopment Projects in Grand Rapids and Warren

Warren, MI
7/2/07

Michigan economic development officials recently announced plans to support retail
and commercial redevelopment projects in Grand Rapids and Warren that will attract
more than $28.8 million in capital investment with the potential to retain 21 jobs
and create as many as 2,016 new jobs. The brownfield redevelopments will benefit
from assistance provide by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.

?These brownfield projects will help create new centers of economic growth and draw
new investments to Warren and Grand Rapids ? two of Michigan?s great cities,? said
Michigan Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm. ?Helping our urban centers revitalize vacant
eyesores into hubs of commercial activity is an important part of our plan to grow
the economy and create jobs in Michigan.?

Universal Properties LLC will utilize state and local tax capture valued at
$1,483,750 to defray the cost of demolition, lead and asbestos abatement and site
preparation at the Universal Mall, making way for the construction of 600,000
square feet of new retail and commercial space featuring multiple stores with
individual entrances.

For the entire articles, see:

http://expansionmanagement.com/smo/articleviewer/default.asp?cmd=articledetail&articleid=18838

Bob Hersh