2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] DeKorne Furniture and Grand Rapids Lighting, Kentwood, Michigan

Kentwood OKs first brownfield redevelopment project

by Julie Makarewicz
The Grand Rapids Press (MI)
September 10, 2008

KENTWOOD -- Redevelopment of property at the high-traffic intersection of 28th Street and the East Beltline has become the first approved "brownfield" site in Kentwood.

"We felt this is a good way for us to get our feet wet and see how this brownfield works out," said Kentwood City Commissioner Richard Clanton, who also is a member of the Economic Development Commission reviewing the project.

The site at the southeast corner is empty. Two buildings, formerly home to DeKorne Furniture and Grand Rapids Lighting, were demolished this summer after being vacant for five years.

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/business/index.ssf/2008/09/kentwood_oks_first_brownfield.html