2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:47:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Holliston, Massachusetts condo project

Holliston drops challenge, OK’s 40B condo project on brownfield site
Town drops challenge citing threat to wetlands

By Jose Martinez |
Boston Globe
December 4, 2011

Holliston’s six-year legal challenge to block the building of a condominium complex proposed under the state’s affordable housing law on a former illegal dump ended quietly with a shuffling of paper.

The Zoning Board of Appeals in 2006 had cited strict local wetlands ordinances in denying Green View Realty’s request for a comprehensive permit to build its project on the old Bird property, a substantially cleaned up brownfield.

Last week the board approved the document with a few housekeeping additions.

"I think you realize our original decision and our support of it had nothing to do with any individual involved," the board's chairman, Henry A. Dellicker, told Green View developer J. Michael Norton at a meeting Wednesday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/west/2011/12/04/holliston- drops-challenge-condo-project-brownfield-site/SEh4yKwZP3dXEXAKLdmeKM/ story.html