2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:36:57 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Toxic vapors in Wake Forest ," North Carolina

Toxic vapors in Wake Forest

By Charlotte Huffman
NBC TV-17 News (NC)
November 14, 2012

Wake Forest neighbors worry a cancer-causing chemical found in their private water wells could be in the air they breathe.

"We are getting clean water in January, so I'm like, I can breathe now. I feel a little bit better about my situation," said homeowner Tammy Alexander.

Alexander's well is contaminated with TCE, but the EPA expects to begin construction in December to connect Alexander and her neighbors to clean water from a nearby community well.

Now, Alexander fears toxic vapors could be another health hazard her family may have to deal with.

For the entire story, see
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/nov/14/2/nbc-17-investigates-toxic- vapors-wake-forest-ar-2780913/

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918