2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 08:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Asbestos debris, Ambler, Pennsylvania

Toxic Debris Makes Ambler ‘Look Like A Third World Country,’ Says Asbestos Disease Awareness Advocate

By Justin Udo
CBS Philly/KYW Newsradio 1060 (PA)
August 18, 2015

AMBLER, Pa. (CBS) — Officials in Ambler, Montgomery County, a community that has seen a high number of asbestos-related diseases and deaths over the years, reached out to the community about asbestos awareness on Monday.

Linda Reinstein, president of the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization, says even though it’s been decades since the town has had asbestos producing factories, the cleanup is far from over.

“I came down to tour Ambler, and I collected samples and I’ve had them tested,” she said. “One of the debris samples that I had tested is 60% chrysotile asbestos.”

…

For the entire story, see
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/08/18/asbestos-ambler/

278-A Hope Street