2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:19:03 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] EPA recommends measures to settle violations at [Pleasant Hill] Iowa chemical plant

EPA recommends measures to settle violations at Iowa chemical plant

Chemicals Technology
September 13, 2015

The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reached a settlement with TH Agriculture & Nutrition, Elementis Chemicals and Iowa-based DD#1, to address hazardous waste contamination in groundwater from the chemical storage and handling facility in Iowa.

The EPA has ordered maintenance of on-site containment and remediation systems, to reduce groundwater contamination.

The EPA said that on-site land use controls and evaluation of vapor intrusion risks will also be conducted.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.chemicals-technology.com/news/newsepa-recommends-measures-to-settle-violations-at-iowa-chemical-plant-4670700

278-A Hope Street