2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 19:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "[Missouri] DNR vows new commitment to Camdenton citizens, TCE sites"

MDNR vows new commitment to Camdenton citizens, TCE sites

By CODY MROCZKA
Lake News Online (MO)
October 1, 2017

“I get the strong impression, based on what I’ve heard, that maybe we haven’t always given our best efforts on these things in the past. And despite our best efforts, maybe it hasn’t been enough. We are trying to turn that around,“said Ed Galbraith, Director of MDNR’s Division of Environmental Quality.

Over the last half year, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) has attempted to reconnect and reassure Camdenton citizens, many of whom felt spurned by the agency’s responses and handling of its’ last two public meetings in 2015 and 2016.

Last Thursday nearly 50 citizens, including several current and former government officials, gathered at The Exchange venue in Camdenton for a public presentation and question and answer session hosted by representatives from MDNR and the Department of Health and Senior Services regarding the ongoing investigations and remedial efforts related to the trichloroethylene (TCE) contamination.

The meeting was a culmination of efforts by citizens and former employees of Dawson Metals, and later Hamilton Sundstrand and Modine Manufacturing, who shared previously undisclosed information regarding alleged dumping sites that sparked two new Superfund investigations within city limits. The degreasing chemical was used to clean metal parts during manufacturing operations from 1967 to 1990, according to records.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.lakenewsonline.com/news/20171001/mdnr-vows-new-commitment-to-camdenton-citizens-tce-sites

Executive Director