2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 07:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] CPEO/PSC Needs Help – Again – Really!

CPEO/PSC Needs Help – Again – Really!

CPEO lost all of its U.S. EPA funding earlier this year, due either to EPA budget cuts, political issues, or both.

Our Plan B to arrange newsgroup sponsorship with an environmental business fell through.

Though I am no longer taking a salary, I plan to continue publishing our Brownfields and Military newsgroups and providing barebones technical assistance to communities impacted by hazardous substance contamination.

We still need $1600/month to pay the rent on our library/office, which primarily contains nearly 30 years of documents and files on military, Superfund, and brownfields cleanup.

Please consider sending a tax-deductible contribution. For information about how to donate, go to http://www.cpeo.org/donate.html.

If EPA funding is not restored and we are unable to arrange another continuing source of low-level revenue, we will probably have to liquidate our library in February 2020, when our lease runs out.

Thank you.

Lenny

p.s. Please excuse the duplicative postings

Executive Director
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042
Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918