2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 16:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Ulster County, New York "County to put up solar array at Saugerties tire dump"

County to put up solar array at Saugerties tire dump

by Jesse J. Smith
Hudson Valley One (NY)
June 24, 2019

Newly installed County Executive Pat Ryan said this week that a proposed solar array in Saugerties and an executive order he issued calling on county government to be 100 percent dependent on renewable energy by 2030 are concrete steps in his campaign trail pledge for a “Green New Deal” for Ulster County.

Ryan, who took office on June 7 made the announcement at a ceremony Tuesday at the County Office Building in Uptown Kingston.’

“We are at this decisive moment in our country and of course in our county. On the one side we face a clearly existential climate crisis,” said Ryan, addressing representatives of local environmental groups and reporters. “On the other side we have this huge opportunity in that crisis … to lean into our green and environmental consciousness and be at epicenter of this emerging green economy that’s happening and gaining momentum.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2019/06/24/county-to-put-up-solar-array-at-saugerties-tire-dump/

Executive Director