2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 16:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Special systems installed inside 2 Franklin [Indiana] schools will alert officials if harmful vapors are present"

Special systems installed inside 2 Franklin schools will alert officials if harmful vapors are present

BY COURTNEY CROWN
Fox 59 TV News (Indianapolis, IN)
JUNE 25, 2019

FRANKLIN, Ind. - EnviroForensics, a group working with Franklin Community Schools, is installing vapor mitigation systems at Webb and Needham Elementary Schools.

The schools briefly closed their doors in March, around spring break, when concerning levels of the chemical compound TCE were found in samples collected from the air and below the floor.

"It's going to completely resolve any possibility of a concern," said Jeff Sewell, the district's director of operations. "Again, I want to reiterate, we've done three rounds of tests that have showed no detection of anything of harm in the indoor air."

…

For the entire story, see
https://fox59.com/2019/06/24/special-systems-installed-inside-2-franklin-schools-will-alert-officials-if-harmful-vapors-are-present/

Executive Director