2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 07:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Pitkin County, Colorado solar farm

Solar farm proposal should get Pitkin County commissioners’ full support

Aspen Times editorial )(CO)
August 30, 2019

Our valley’s communities have set the tone for change in the past, and we again have the opportunity to be an example of addressing environmental concerns by taking action, no matter how small it seems.

The proposed 35-acre solar farm near the intersection of Highway 82 and Brush Creek Road (just downvalley from the airport) is in a location that is ideal for the production, the community and most of the surrounding area.

Its greatest drawback, critics say, is it alters the view for those who live and own homes in Brush Creek Village on the hill above Highway 82 and some in Woody Creek. We all will see the farm as we come and go in our lives, but those folks on the hill are the ones who will see the 18,000 panels, which will be situated on the 55-acre parcel, on a daily basis.

…

For the entire editorial, see
https://www.aspentimes.com/opinion/aspen-times-editorialsolar-farm-proposal-should-get-pitking-county-commissioners-full-support/

Executive Director