2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 11:23:57 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] In the near absence of federal funding … CPEO/PSC needs help

In the near absence of federal funding … CPEO/PSC needs help

I know everyone gets lots of funding requests. I seem to hear from a presidential candidate every 15 minutes. So I promise to limit the number of pleas I send out to each of CPEO’s lists.

Early in 2019, the Pacific Studies Center (CPEO’s host) board of directors asked me to consider closing our office/library when our lease runs out at the end of February, 2020. However, as I saw how our unique collection of decades worth of hard-copy documents and files – focused on environmental contamination and reuse issues - provides valuable information for people who have nowhere else to go, I’ve decided to keep it open. I’ve also decided to continue our newsgroups and discussion lists.

Our rent, even in Mountain View’s low-rent district, will be $1700/month. Donations are our principle source of income. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation. Even without salary, I am committed to making up the difference from my limited personal funds.

To donate, go to http://www.cpeo.org/donate.html.

Lenny

(Since the Trump Administration cut EPA’s funding, we’ve lost our federal-origin funding. We do get, through EPA, a small amount from the polluters at local Superfund sites. Nearly all that money goes to pay a technical consultant.)

Executive Director
A project of the Pacific Studies Center
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042
Voice/Fax: 650-961-8918