2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 19:58:58 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Andrews [Texas] water disposal site is now bird-watching park"

Andrews water disposal site is now bird-watching park
RRCs Brownfields Program helps reclaim sites for redevelopment

By Mella McEwen
Midland Reporter-Telegram (TX)
November 25, 2019

The economic growth that flows from the state’s oil and natural gas wells can continue even after those wells have stopped flowing.

The Railroad Commission, which is responsible for overseeing the state’s oil and gas industry, is also offering help redeveloping abandoned oil and gas sites through its Brownfields Response Program, funded by annual Brownfields grants from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

“Our Brownfields program was created in 2002, when we received our first grant from the EPA,” said Leslie Bruce, program coordinator, in a phone interview.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mrt.com/business/oil/article/Andrews-water-disposal-site-is-now-bird-watching-14856421.php#photo-18652670

Executive Director