2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 20:03:58 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Cleanup Underway at East Chicago [Indiana] Brownfield Site"

Cleanup Underway at East Chicago Brownfield Site

By Wes Mills
Inside Indiana Business
December 2, 2019

EAST CHICAGO - Tens of thousands of cubic yards of contaminated soil are being removed from a brownfield site in East Chicago, prepping the land in advance of a one-million-square-foot logistics center.

According to our partners at The Times of Northwest Indiana, the $26.6 million cleanup project, which is on the former DuPont industrial site, began in September.

The newspaper reports the remediation is being handled by Impact Environmental Indiana LLC, which also owns East Chicago Gateway Partners LLC, the developers building the logistics center.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/41381387/cleanup-underway-at-east-chicago-brownfield-site

Executive Director