2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 08:25:25 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "PSE&G launches new solar farm in New Jersey"

PSE&G launches new solar farm in New Jersey

by Dave Kovaleski
Daily Energy Insider
December 16, 2019

The Public Service Electric and Gas Co. (PSE&G) opened for operation its largest solar farm to date.

The 15.2-megawatt-dc Pennsauken Solar Farm, located in Pennsauken, has 37,908 solar panels and generates enough electricity to power more than 2,500 homes annually. The site is part of PSE&G’s Solar 4 All program.

“The Solar 4 All program began 10 years ago with four solar farms built on brownfield sites that we own,” Karen Reif, vice president of Renewables and Energy Solutions for PSE&G, said. “So it’s fitting that our newest and largest solar farm also is built on a brownfield site that we have returned to good use. By utilizing these parcels of land, we can continue to provide carbon-free, grid-connected solar electricity to all of our customers while also preserving scarce New Jersey open space.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/23458-pseg-launches-new-solar-farm-in-new-jersey/

Executive Director