2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: lsiegel@cpeo.org
Date: 15 Sep 2005 21:59:37 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Lone Start Ammo Plant (TX) privatization?

Lone Star keeps hope to go private
Officials: Transfer land to redevelopment group

By AARON BRAND
Texarkana Gazette (TX)
September 15, 2005

Local officials are still hopeful Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant can be
privatized, even though language to that effect didn't appear in the
recommendations the Base Realignment and Closure Commission sent to
President Bush last week.

Bowie County Judge James Carlow said he'd like to see an early transfer
of property to the local redevelopment authority.

"I don't think it makes a lot of difference whether that language was
not in there or was in there ... If we can get an early transfer of that
property then that gives us more control of the destiny there," Carlow said.

He said the method of early transfer would include the local
redevelopment authority buying insurance to cover any potential
environmental liabilities that could occur in the future.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2005/09/15/local_news/news/news02.txt