2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 27 Jan 2006 15:07:42 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Monmouth (NJ) Redevelopment Authority supported

Redevelopment authority best approach for fort

BY S. THOMAS GAGLIANO
AND FRANK C. MUZZI
Opinion, Asbury Park Press (NJ)
January 27, 2006

The future of Fort Monmouth is of vital concern to the Monmouth County area and to the state as a whole. A Fort Monmouth Redevelopment Authority is needed to bring a broad-based approach to how to reuse the fort property, while retaining current jobs as long as possible and creating new jobs.

The Patriots Alliance, created to support the Fort Monmouth community, is grateful to Sen. Joseph M. Kyrillos Jr., R-Monmouth, for introducing legislation (S-1049) to create such a redevelopment authority. We endorse the legislation, although we recognize there may be changes made to it before its final passage.

We also support the efforts of Assemblyman Michael J. Panter and Sen. Ellen Karcher, both D-Monmouth, in working to create legislation for the same purpose.

A redevelopment authority is needed to ensure the proper planning, implementation and oversight of the redevelopment of Fort Monmouth. Its creation will protect the economy, environment and quality of life of the affected communities, as well as that of the state as a whole.

For the entire column, see
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060127/OPINION/601270371/1030/POLITICS